Friday, October 29, 2010

Lake Como, Italy

A.M. Post: We are now in what surely has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth (photos to follow), and I have no idea if I will be able to get any work done. Maybe it will rain; perhaps I will become jaded. One can only hope.

P.M. Aahh: now I see how it works. One walks ones calves off, first climbing to the top of the hill, then going down to the village and climbing all the way back up. THEN one is so tired of walking and of beauty (for the day) that one can sit down at a desk and work. Perhaps this will work, after all.

Plus, the limitless supply of cappucino helps, too (especially after the obligatory --tough, I know--wine at lunch. Cocktails at 7:00, dinner at 7:30, apertifs after. Dear me, what a life.

(Sorry for the lack of an apostrophe in the above possessive "ones." The blog site is being temperamental again.)

No comments:

Post a Comment